2003 Radical SR-3 111
by Chris Lorenz / 737 views / Popular
Radical SR-3 Chassie 111
This car was purchased in 2009 from US Racing School. It was a stored school car with
50 hours on meter (runs when power is one). This car was then prepared to be
Competitive in SCCA-CSR class by Jeff Shafer with Radical Ventures Racing and
Factory 48 motors, by James Barwell.
Updates performed from 2009-2010
New Updated Uprights
Reinforced Strengthened Frame
Updated High Downforce Bodywork
Dual Front Carbon Fiber Conards
Full Width Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers
GearTronics Closed loop paddle shift system, No lift shift, auto blip, neutral find button, auto up shift mode if needed, limp mode, Push Green button for 1st gear
compressor and tank is in side pod.
AIM MXL Dash System.
Oversize Radiator with Fan
Spec Radical 4 Piston Calipers.
Raced by Steve Nicklin
2009 SCCA Season to Feb 2011:
3 National Wins stickers,
3 Regional Win stickers.
2009, 3rd place So Cal National points.
2010, 3rd place So Cal National points.
2009 SCCA Runoffs at Road America Qualified 12th with lap of 2:21.114
Finished 10th with lap of 2:22.638 highest placing Radical
Video of race: https://www.scca.com/videos/2026886
2010 SCCA Runoffs at Road America Qualified 9th with lap of 2:17.054
Finished 10th with lap of 2:14.250 highest placing Radical
Video of race: https://www.scca.com/videos/2026754
2nd place 2010 Radical Ventures Invitational class (V8 Radicals, and Pro Sports)
- Listing ID: 7987
- Year Produced: 2003
- Chassis Serial Number: 111
- Driver Position: Left Hand
- Engine size: 1500-1720
- Gelcoat Color: Spice Yellow
- Graphics Color / Description: Green Tiger
- Paddle Shifting: Yes
- Bodywork / Aerodynamic Options: Le Mans-style Carbon-composite Rear View Mirrors, Carbon-composite Dive Planes
- Rear Wing Options: Carbon-Composite High-Downforce BiPlane
- Shock Absorber Option: Single Adjustable Bespoke Mono-Tube
- Dry-Break Re-fueling System: No
- IVA / SVA Type Approval kit (to make road legal). Includes road lights, switches, programmable ignition, hand brake calipers, horn,quiet silencer &catalytic converter, collapsible steering column, rear view mirror, bodywork trim and molding: No
This Post Has 3 Comments
Chris, thank you for all of the great details. I updated the Registry with your input.
Hi, I purchased 111 from Chris in late 2021. Lucille now resides in Houma Louisiana near New Orleans and will race in the local NASA events. Cheers to all Radical owners.
Hi Bobby I just updated the Registry with this information. Thank you 🙂