Radical Sports Car
by Dan Hoult / 106 views / Popular
SR3 chassis number 47 was originally a blue (I believe) SR3 ‘Supersport’ with the standard low downforce package. It was imported into Western Australia where it was raced, before being transported to Tasmania, Australia when it’s owner moved here. It was rarely used and was sold to another Tasmanian, who had it out a couple of times before parking it up for health reasons. I purchased it in early 2022 in it’s current form.
Prior to coming to Australia it had an engine rebuild, I have been told it is a standard 1300cc Hayabusa spec block now, with EFI and the Radical dry sump system. Once in Australia it had a respray in white, it had an unlocked MBE ECU installed to allow it to be dyno tuned gaining approx. 20hp from the standard tune. It was the previous owners intention to install a turbo kit (hence the unlocked ECU) and I have this kit but have not installed it (at this stage!). It has had several aero upgrades, including high downforce sidepods including skirts, high downforce front splitter, dual carbon dive planes and a dual element carbon rear wing.
After a thorough cleanup it appears to be in generally good condition, since I purchased it I have undertaken general fibreglass tidy up repairs, and after a shakedown run it will be wrapped matte black.
- Listing ID: 30515
- Model: SR3
- Year Produced: 2002
- Chassis Serial Number: SR300047
- Driver Position: Right Hand
- Engine size: 1340
- Gelcoat Color: Blue
- Graphics Color / Description: Currently painted white, will soon be wrapped in matte black
- Paddle Shifting: No
- Bodywork / Aerodynamic Options: Race Lighting Set (Headlights), Carbon-composite Dive Planes
- Rear Wing Options: Carbon-Composite High-Downforce BiPlane
- Shock Absorber Option: Single Adjustable Bespoke Mono-Tube
- Fuel Tank Options: 77L Aluminum
- Dry-Break Re-fueling System: No
- Dual Control System (Brake & Clutch for driver and passenger): No
- IVA / SVA Type Approval kit (to make road legal). Includes road lights, switches, programmable ignition, hand brake calipers, horn,quiet silencer &catalytic converter, collapsible steering column, rear view mirror, bodywork trim and molding: No